Shopping list for a boat trip
How to make purchase for the boat trip
If you decide to spend your vacation aboard a sailboat or catamaran, there are some details that you will need to take into account so your vacation will be perfect. In this article we are going to help you with the grocery purchase for the boat. It is very important that you take this into account in advance since it is possible that you will not have access to a supermarket or local stores everywhere. With some foresight, this can easily be resolved leaving you to be able to enjoy what is truly important – sailing. Boatjump´s experts will explain to you how to make your supply purchase for the boat easily. Keep reading!
If you have decided to rent a boat, in the days before starting your trip, you will have to take into account the supplies that you are going to need. To do this, it is important that you ask yourself some questions such as: what is the destination, how many of us are there, what are the basic foods that cannot be missing, what products do we need for daily use, what are the personal needs for each passenger (allergies and intolerance) and last but not least – how much water per day per person we will need? … It is essential that you keep yourself hydrated and on a healthy diet throughout the trip.
Shopping and cooking onboard
When you decide to organize the purchase for the boat, check these points beforehand:
- Plan how many meals you are going to have on the boat. Many groups like to get off the boat for lunch and / or dinner and only make breakfast on the boat. This is not always the case, as many other people enjoy anchoring for as many days as possible. Therefore, this is one of the first questions you have to ask yourself.
- What is your destination? And are there any supermarkets? You can also check out if any of the shops will deliver your purchases to the dock. This service works the same as when you do your home shopping online. In this case you will have to make the purchase through the shop website. If you decide to sail in Greece we recommend this shop.
- It is highly recommended that before boarding, you buy the heaviest things such as water, milk and other drinks. But also some basic foods that you know that you are going to use everyday such as breakfast or snacks. Stock up also on: daily use products such as garbage bags, napkins, soap to clean dishes, etc.
- Although it is necessary to plan and carry enough of everything that you are going to use, optimizing is also key, since you have to take into account that the space on the ship is limited.
Personal needs are important
- Do not forget the personal needs of each passenger such as intolerances or allergies, it greatly influences the purchase for the boat.
- As the ship is in constant movement, it is important that you make sure that everything you keep in the pantries is well closed and placed. This will prevent the products from spilling and / or breaking.To preserve cooked food or dishes well, it is highly recommended that you bring some tupperware or similar.
- Since you will spend many hours exposed to the sun, it is essential that you stay well hydrated. Therefore, a good supply of drinks will be one of the priorities. Alcohol in excess can lead to dehydration, it is important that you try to avoid reaching that point.
- A sailing vacation is an excellent opportunity to get to know the typical and traditional dishes of each region, as well as its local products. We recommend that you take advantage of buying local whenever you can.
The perfect shopping list to purchase for the boat
Taking into account the previous recommendations, all you need to do now is make a shopping list in which all participants indicate what they enjoy, what dishes you intend to prepare on board and if there are any allergies or intolerances. If you are lacking ideas for tasty and wholesome meals to cook on board, you can have a look at this post, where we recommend 5 simple and quick dishes to prepare during the cruise. It would be a good idea to hold a meeting to arrange these details, and if that is not possible in person, it would be worth considering an online meeting. From Boatjump we have compiled a basic shopping list for you to simply download and complete with your group preferences.
If you have read this far it is because you are probably thinking about a vacation on board or you are even already organizing it. In any case, the entire Boatjump team is at your disposal to help you choose the boat that best suits your needs, as well as to offer you the best recommendations in everything that has to do with navigation. If you have any doubts and need to receive some suggestions about the type of boat, the destination you have chosen or the things to consider before setting sail, we are here for you. For the moment, with this list of activities we want to make sure you won’t be short on things to do on board of the sailing boat.